[*] currently reading, [+] recommended, [-] annoying
- * Bloom, Paul 'How Pleasure Works'
- MacAskill, William 'Doing Good Better'
Partially completed: 4
- * Mahajan, Sanjoy 'Street-Fighting Mathematics'
- Orwell, George ‘Burmese Days’ [review]
- Murakami, Haruki ‘The Elephant Vanishes’
Not as good as Kafka on the Shore, but hey, we are talking about Murakami here!
- + Satrapi, Marjane ‘The Complete Persepolis’
- Thorsby, Øyvind ‘Transdimensional Brain Chip’ (comic)
Thoroughly enjoyed this Thorsby’s comic - Based on invention of a new brain chip that allows you to communicate with versions of yourself in other universe. I would also recommend his other work (++) The Accidental Space Spy.
- * Murakami, Haruki ‘1Q84 - Trilogy (#1)’
- + Gallwey, W. Timothy ‘The Inner Game of Tennis’ [review]
- Adams, Douglas ‘Hitchhiker’s Guide to Galaxy (#1)’
- Adams, Douglas ‘The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (#2)’
- Ford, Michael T. ‘Suicide Notes’
- ++ Sacks, Oliver ‘The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat’
- - Sandel, Peter ‘101 Things Everyone [..] about Economics’
- ++ Salinger, J. D. ‘The Catcher in The Rye’
- * Lane, Nick ‘The Vital Question’
- Mlodinow, Leonard ‘The Drunkard’s Walk’
- Fine, Debra ‘The Fine Art of Small Talk’
- + Keynes, Daniel ‘Flowers for Algernon’
- ++ Harari, Yuval N. 'Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind'
- ++ Yalom, Irvin D. 'Love's Executioner: Ten Tales of Psychotherapy'
- ++ Clarke, Arthur C. 'Rendezvous with Rama'
- + Vizzini, Ned 'It's Kind of a Funny Story'
- * Garder, Jostein 'Sophie's World'
On page 152/601 where author talks about different schools of philosophy that emerged post-Aristotle; doing pretty good so far. I am really enjoying the narrative style.
- - Ball, Jesse 'Silence Once Begun'
- + Wells, H.G. 'The Time Machine'
- Crichton, Michael 'The Terminal Man'
- ++ Orwell, George '1984'
- * Hayakawa, S.I. 'Language in Thought and Action'
- Kafka, Franz, 'The Metamorphosis'
- * Sussman et al., 'SICP'
- + Orwell, George 'Animal Farm'
- Dawkins, Richard 'The Greatest Show on Earth'
- * Sompayrac, Lauren M. 'How the Immune System Works'
- Wodehouse, P. G. 'The Code of the Woosters'
- + Khandekar, V. S. 'Yayati: A Classic Tale of Lust'
- Gladwell, Malcolm 'The Tipping Point'
- Camus, Albert 'The Outsider'
- ++ Murakami, Haruki 'Kafka On The Shore'
- + Duhigg, Charles 'The Power of Habit'
- ++ Schrödinger, Erwin, 'What is Life?'
- ++ Mistry, Rohinton 'A Fine Balance'
- Premchand, Munshi 'Godan'
Reviews and recommendations are always welcome!